As a Latex guru, I started coding my presentation using Beamer. needed to include some of
But I would like to make my presentation evolve by showing components of the picture step by step. Components appear on the slide only when I would like to discuss them. For this purpose I need to have my picture coded using any kind of latex picture packages.
I'm used to export my illustrations from Xfig. This time I didn't have much time to reproduce all pictures with Xfig from scratch. How to manage this ?
Fortunately, Visio pictures can be saved as vdx files. vdx is an old Visio extension to save a Visio picture as an XML file. And Dia can handle this well. So here is the process:
- Export Visio files as vdx
- Open it in Dia and make some corrections
- Export it to Xfig
- From Xfig, export as Combined PS/PDF/LATEX (3parts)
- Edit the .pspdftex file got form last export to include beamer commands such as \only to make parts of the pictures appear only when needed.
- Include that file into your beamer code
- You're done